Sunday 27 November 2011

Entertainment news: Sex of Beyonce’s Baby Revealed With Ridiculously Lavish Gift

Beyonce baby gift

"Sex of Beyonce’s BabyevealedWith Ridiculously Lavish Gift
Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on Nov 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM

It's a given that Beyonce and Jay-Z's baby is going to be one of the most spoiled children ever to crawl the Earth. Not because his or her parents are out of touch with reality, because they're stupid rich dagnabbit and so are their friends -- why shouldn't that tyke be spoilt to the core? The latest gift bestowed upon Baby Z? Oh, it was just a $5,200 pink Swarovski crystal bathtub from pal Kelly Rowland, because, oops, she accidentally revealed the sex of the couple's baby.

Now, I'm not much of a "crystal" girl, so even if I had Bey and Jay cash, not so sure I would buy something like this, but this lavish pre-baby present did get me thinking about my own eventual baby shower and what I should register for. Is all of this crap really necessary?

To be honest, the thought of having a baby shower has always terrified me. Not because I don't like gathering with friends in pretty dresses, eating delicious food, and opening up gifts. Because I have no idea whatsoever what the hell I'm supposed to get my unborn child. What's essential for baby? What's non-essential for me? It seems like shower gifts have gotten more and more elaborate over the years. And it seems like a lot of gifts are really more for the mommy than for the baby. Case in point: A crystal-encrusted baby tub.

To my knowledge, Beyonce didn't register or ask for this ridiculous ostentatious gift for her child (though I'm sure she doesn't hate it), so it seems like a bit of an odd thing to give her as a baby gift, because, after all, I'm sure her little girl -- yes, Beyonce's having a little girl -- would be just as happy being washed in the sink. The fancy-shmancy tub is for Beyonce. And for Kelly. Who can now say she's given her friend one of the most luxuriant presents of all time.

I don't think there's anything wrong with cute baby onesies or the most beautiful crib a whittler has ever whittled. But I do think it's important to remember that such gifts are for you, not your baby. After all, the only thing they need is you.

That said, I still have no idea what the hell to register for!

What were some of your newborn essentials? What were things you're sorry you registered for?



Image via The Diamond Bathtub"

-Follow me on twitter: @aidanYellowPiG
Like me on FB
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Piggy-AiAi/264500440242933

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search