Monday 18 November 2013

Why I stop cosplay?

I know that many dont realise i actually stop cosplaying.

I stop nearly a year. Yes that how long I actually stop cosplaying. Some many reason on why I stop.

I have thousand of reason why I stop cosplay but I going to list those I feel are major reason why I stop cosplay.

1) Money!
Yes though I a working adult and has all the money to cosplay. It doesnt mean I have no problems. Bills, travels, foods and misc items took away most of my pay. I end up just nice for some shopping and saving. So I rather spend on stuff I will wear more then a $50-100 costume that end up collecting dust.

2) Time!
Work work work. No time even to spend some time with myself. Ask me to cosplay. Worse, no time to even do my own props.

3) Too many events!
What! Will be your first impression. In the early 2000s only 3-4 events. Nowadays all have cosplay. Even community centre event has cosplay events. It just no longer fun to do a costume and that one special day to cosplay. It end up pretty boring if keep recycle the costume(no money people [like me]). You may disagree with me. Or worse argue saying it good there more events. That part I agree it getting more exposure but if too many doesnt it become boring?

4) Flaming
This is a serious topic. I must say it a big issue. It will never ends as long as thousands years later. But some of the flaming I received over the years are damaging my reputation as a person. Yes it can be sue. I decide to not sue them as I find out they are kids. I report them to admistrator of website but as you know no lawyer letter nothing can be done. There even this guy saying I do costume order and I wear the costume before I sell it off. I cant even speak mandarin what about reading. The tailors are mostly from china. Stupid or what? More flaming happen over the years but since I decide to stop. It disappear but still there since 2011.

5) New cosplayer
Those who just enter cosplay thinking that it a glamorous hobby. You get flame. You cry as if your status as a stars is over. It irritating see this type of people. There those who never really serious about cosplay. Just do it once and give up. It like a fab for them. There those who go around wanting make friends. Then go smoochy smoochy but not really into cosplay. Yes dress up to make friends. There those little kids(old enough to have sex) who goes around making a nuisanse in thier costume. Worse then little kids.

6) Like cosplay but not going to cosplay.
You sure ask me who are they or ok what not wrong. Yes not wrong. They belong to a photographer group or 'saikang' aka. helpers. They can be a anoyying bunch. They just want a piece of the action. Never really want to try to cosplay. They say they are cosplay fans. It sound like stars. Very LOL. They will flame you if you destroy thier favourite character. If you dont have the skin colour they flame you for that. What! I not yours for you to say what I can do or not. In early 2000s there a indian guy was flame so bad until she quit cosplay totally after they racist towards her. Yes racism do exist in cosplay too. I may not like some people who cosplay some character but I never flame them or make their life a living hell.

7) Cosplaying at a big events.
Yes it great cosplaying at a huge events. So many people can see. But it get too crowded you may just cause damage to your costume and props. No space to even put your stuff. Things may get stolen or worse your trusted 'saikang' may just go off with your bags. Worse are the scene happen at AFA. The auntie wasnt happy on the cosplayer costume. The auntie has a point but the way she handle it is big no no. It totally wrong. By calling the police. She just making herself the most hated auntie in cosplay. Actually the girl costume is too sexy. Yes if in japan she will be banned from entering. But she must also think it a big event so better do a costume that safe for her to move around without any harm. To me if I were her I wear a bodysuit. Then photoshoot then I dont wear. Just do as the character.

This 7 reason are those main reason why I decide to stop cosplaying. But I will cosplay but it will be only photoshoot. I can take my own time and do what ever character even hentai kamen.

If you feel butthurt about my post. Sorry it not me it you. I never force you to read!

It all my opinion. So if you not happy dont go around making a big hoo haa..

Ok lah i stop here...enjoy your thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search